Who run the service?
Who run the service?
Dr H. Metwally is a Staff Anaesthetist and Chronic Pain Specialist in North East Lincolnshire and Goole Hospitals NHS Trust. He works in Diana Princess of Wales Hospital and Scunthorpe General Hospitals.
Dr. Metwally graduated from Alexandria University where he was trained and specialized in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care. He moved to the United Kingdom with interest in the Pain Medicine and he obtained his Master of Science in Pain Management from Leicester University, UK.
- MSc Pain Management, Leicester University, September 2006, Leicester, United Kingdom
- MRCA, Membership of the Royal Collage of Anaesthetists, July 1998, London, United Kingdom
- MDA, (Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care), October 1991
- MB, BCh, (Medical Bachelor and Bachelor of Surgery), November 1986
- BSc. Aph, (Bachelor of Science, Anatomy and Physiology), July 1983
- MRCA, Membership of the Royal Collage of Anaesthetists
- MESA, Membership of the European Society of Anaesthesiology
- MASAIC, Membership of Alexandria Society for Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
- BMAS, Membership of the British Medical Acupuncture Society
- MRSM membership of the Royal Society of Medicine
Scope of work
Scope of work
- On top of Dr Metwally?s duties in Anaesthesia and Intensive care, he works as the Pain Management Specialist in North East Lincolnshire NHS Foundation Trust. He runs the Pain clinic and procedure lists alongside three other colleagues.
- Dr Metwally has a wide and extensive experience in Pain Management. He has been working and running the service in the Trust since 2001 and started his Private clinic in 2007.
- Dr Metwally? skills in performing Pain Reliving Procedures are will appreciated by most patients under his care. He can performs, nearly, all known procedures with confident and punctuation. The pain reliving procedures are usually done in the clinic or Day Surgery Ward. Many procedures are done in the X-ray department, if special equipment is needed, such as Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound or Radiofrequency machines.
- Dr Metwally is well trained in Acupuncture, Electro-acupuncture (Current-acupuncture) and Cupping. He is a co-author to the bestselling book ?Traditional Chinese Medicine Cupping Therapy, 3rd Edition? by: Ilkay Z. Chirali
Educational and academic:
- Dr Metwally is a member of the training team approved by Hull York Medical School (HYMS).He provides teaching to the anaesthetic trainees, medical students, trainee Operating Department Practitioners (ODPs) and Physician Anaesthetist Assistants (PAAs). These are part of the training programs for Hull York Medical School (HYMS). It takes place in theatre and/or as departmental teaching sessions (half day/s on regular bases).
- Dr Metwally takes the lead in teaching the Pain Module to the Anaesthetists in Training as departmental teaching sessions (half day/s on regular bases).
- Dr Metwally teaches the Chronic Pain Management (Clinic and intervention skills) to the Anaesthetists who are interested in Chronic Pain during their training.
- Dr Metwally has been a faculty in the "Nerve Block and More" course for the last three years. It runs in the Postgraduate Education Centre (PGEC) at Diana Princess of Wales Hospital, and approved by the Royal Collage of Anaesthetists and Hull York Medical School
- Dr Metwally has been selected as an independent speaker for Napp, Bohringer and pfizer pharmaceutical companies.
- Dr Metwally Teaches the Chronic Pain Management (different aspects) to the GPs in Lincolnshire and the surrounding areas. (Supported and sponsored by Napp, Bohringer and pfizer pharmaceutical companies).
- Dr Metwally gives many education lectures to Fibromyalgia Support Group and Multiple Sclerosis Support Group, in Grimsby, Scunthorpe and Louth.
- Dr Metwally is deeply involved in teaching the Medication roles in treating Chronic Pain conditions (different aspects) to the Pharmacists in Lincolnshire and the surrounding areas (Supported and sponsored by Napp, Bohringer and pfizer pharmaceutical companies)..
- Dr Metwally regularly invited to Lecture every year in ASAIC (Alexandria Society for Anaesthesia and Intensive Care) conference since 2005. Please see the wide varieties of lectures for Dr Metwally in ASAIC website. He is also invited annually to the ?Annual Anaesthetic Meeting? for Assuit University Department of Anaesthesia, since 2007.
- Teaching in "Difficult Airway Management" course every year. It runs in the Postgraduate Education Centre (PGEC) at Diana Princess of Wales Hospital, and approved by the Royal Collage of Anaesthetists and Hull York Medical School
- Dr Metwally is an approved member of the Research Panel for the BMA
Dr Metwally' on the web:
- Low Back Pain
- Management of Pain in the Elderly
- TIVA for Laparoscopic Day Surgery
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Neuropathic Pain
- Management of pain in the elderly with Cancer
There are many other lectures and presentations on the web, either published to the internet, or uploaded by the conference organizers. Just search Google for Dr. H. Metwally
For any question or comment